Week 5 - Alpha

So, after a short holiday, I'm back at this project and finally finished writing, coding and setting up all of the quests - including a bit of branching player choice, oh my! So that means... first playable! I'm sharing my first build with a range of people and hoping for some good feedback that I can work on in the coming weeks.


This week has also been buried in bug fixes - there has been a long-standing bug where the player location isn't being stored in the player preferences properly. This meant that when you talked to an NPC you got teleported back to The Centre. I've found a workaround where I hard code the relevant player locations, and use statics instead of PlayerPrefs. It's not ideal but I've spent too many hours of my life pulling my hair out over it, so I'm going with what works.

I've also got 6 characters and 6 buildings to model and texture - that's gonna be a big workload this week, alongside some of the 2D art for the cutscenes. Still a huge list of things on my Trello to work through! And that's without making changes following feedback from play testers...


But I'm feeling hopeful that this could be something nice and polished!




Comments

Popular Posts