Week 7 - Release day!

And it's finally here! Release day!

Setting up the itch page is such a satisfying stage of the process - knowing that the game is complete and it just needs presenting nicely. It's like putting a favourite ornament on a bookshelf to display. Just... a nice feeling.

So here it is! toGather can be downloaded here: https://beck-h-art.itch.io/togather


Aside from the culmination of it all, this last week has been a gentle one - spent modelling the last few characters and buildings, and tweaking a few of the dialogue elements in response to player feedback. In particular, players struggled to find the 'Lost' building (across the river from the Misers) so I made the directions clearer in the dialogue and I also added a gently flickering dim light to help guide them to the right place.

It's immensely relieving to finally see an empty 'Must Have' list on my trello! The rest of my 'Could Have' list was beyond my timeframe, and honestly player feedback didn't indicate those elements were really necessary. Just scrolling back through the 'Done' list to see how far I've come makes me very proud.



Comments

Popular Posts